Visa & travel support

YCM collaborates with visa sponsors, registered with the U.S. Department of State Exchange Visitor Program for Teachers. We offer free end-to-end support, ensuring the quality of your J-1 application is immaculate and your experience of arriving in the United States is comfortable.

A J-1 visa is mandatory for teachers coming to work in America. With extension applications, the validity of the visa can be up to 3 years.

Eligibility Criteria for the J-1 Visa

To qualify for a J-1 visa application, you

  • should currently be employed as a teacher in your country of legal residence, or have in the past 12 months, studied and completed an advanced degree in your subject area of interest to teach. The qualification should be the equivalent of a US bachelor's degree.

  • must be 18 years of age, or older.

  • must have strong proficiency in English.

  • should possess a degree the minimum equivalent of a US bachelor's degree.

  • should be qualified to teach primary and secondary school in your home country.

  • should have a minimum 2 years of postgraduate experience as a head teacher in either primary or secondary school levels.

  • should have good reputation as a teacher.